Luxurious and spacious houseboat
- 3 floors of space for up to 8 people
- 3 cabins with doors: one master bedroom with a King (180cm) bed and two bedrooms with Double beds (130cm)
- Double (130cm) sofabed in the entertainment room
- 2 bathrooms with shower and toilet
- Fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, kettle, microwave, utensils, etc.
- Open rooftop deck with barbecue grill, dining and lounge area
As this is a houseboat permanently moored on the harbor, there are some rules that require your special attention:
1) Toilets (VERY IMPORTANT): Nothing can be flushed down the toilet except natural waste. Please DO NOT flush toilet paper or any sanitary products down the toilet (trash bins are provided in the bathrooms for this). The toilets are standard boat toilets and have very narrow pipes. Thus, blockages are not uncommon if you do not follow these basic guidelines.
2) Sampans (another unique Hong Kong experience) serve as water taxis to/from the houseboat and cost HK$10 per person. Please reserve small HK dollar notes to pay the sampan drivers. Sampans run from about 7am to 11pm.
3) Stable power (220V) and water provided. The houseboat has a water heater to provide hot water for showers.
4) Help yourselves to coffee and whatever is in the cupboards. There are many trendy waterfront cafes, restaurants and pubs nearby in Soho East if you would like to eat out. For local Chinese food, head to Shau Kei Wan Main Street East, a 5-min walk from the Shau Kei Wan dock.
5) The houseboat is permanently moored and cannot be moved or taken out to sea. The houseboat is used exclusively for pleasure purposes.
6) The houseboat is moored in a typhoon shelter with a sea wall. However, you may still experience slight rocking movement from the waves from time to time.
7) There is a big step (about 1 meter high) you need to climb up or jump down to get on and off the boat.