I've been visiting the restaurants here for years, and they're great. So, I made the huge mistake of thinking the rooms would be worth staying in. I've stayed in all kinds of hotels and AirBnBs in Japan, so I have plenty to compare it to. The rooms in this hotel only have 1 positive quality - larger than typical rooms.
Here are all the problems I experienced in this room:
* Heating was broken or something, no matter what I adjusted the "Air conditioning adjustment unit" to, it was always TOO hot.
* Too hot... so open the window, right? Sure, if you don't mind feathers coming in because the nearby building is raising pigeons.
* An in-room TV the size of a tablet... why even bother?
* Hot water maker was dirty, and rusty.
* Notepad had a phone number written on it. True, this isn't an actual problem, but it goes to show the lack of attention to detail of the cleaning staff.
* Mold in various places in the bathroom.
* Toilet tank cover was a piece of plastic.
* Caulking on bathroom fixtures peeling away and moldy.
* Dirty tub
* Pipes connecting to toilet looked flimsy and were not securely mounted.
* Poorest quality shaving razor I've ever experienced. I haven't cut myself shaving in many years, but I did with the razor they provided.
I tortured myself by staying overnight, but the next day to avoid another night of torture. You would be better off staying at ANY other nearby hotel, this hotel does not meet any standards of a Japanese-quality hotel.