Visiting Port Stephens
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Port Stephens, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and relaxing spas. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its relaxing setting.
- There are 731 hotels and other accommodations in Port Stephens
- The closest major airport is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Stephens
Favorite family attractions include Irukandji Shark & Ray Encounters and Oakvale Farm and Fauna World. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Dutchies Beach, Samurai Beach, and Bennetts Beach Hawks Nest. Top activities include exploring the waterfront and whale watching, while Soldiers Point Marina, Port Stephens, and Karuah and District Golf Club are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Stephens, you'll be able to select from 731 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Mitchells Waterfront Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and comfortable beds.
- Anne's Waterfront Haven B&B - Our customers like the beach locale at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Bali at the Bay - With a stay at this 4.5-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with a private spa tub. Expedia customers like its beach locale.
Dressing for Port Stephens
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 81°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 71°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 80°F during the day and 53°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port Stephens is 1.30 inches
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 47°F