EXPEDIA HONG KONG – SINGAPORE AIR TRAVEL BUBBLE GUIDE
NOTE: Update as of 19 Aug, Hong Kong and Singapore governments have decided not to pursue further discussions on the bilateral Air Travel Bubble (ATB).
We encourage travellers to refer to the most up to date advisories found here, ahead of planning your travel.
We know that planning for travel in a post-pandemic era can be stressful. The team at Expedia has prepared this guide to help with all the questions you may have on the ‘Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble’.
To receive the latest travel deals and promotions, including the launch of Expedia ‘Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble’ Campaign and to become an Expedia Rewards member, sign up here.
- What is the Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble?
The ‘Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble’ (ATB) will allow for Hong Kong residents and Singaporeans to travel between the two cities for leisure. Travellers taking the ATB flights with a valid negative COVID-19 test result before departure won’t need to serve Stay Home Notice (SHN) or quarantine in either cities.
- Who is eligible?
Any person who has remained in Hong Kong for 14 consecutive days prior to departure. The compulsory quarantine period served in Hong Kong as a result of previous overseas travel does not count towards the 14-day requirement for travel under the Air Travel Bubble. If you are a Hong Kong resident, you are required to receive 2 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and complete the 14-day post-vaccination period to participate.
- Where should I go to retrieve the latest information about the Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble?
You may refer to the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’s website for the latest information on the Hong Kong – Singapore Air Travel Bubble.
Planning your travel to Singapore
- How is the COVID-19 situation in Singapore right now? Is it safe to travel there?
We encourage travellers to keep up to the date with the latest updates on the COVID-19 situation in Singapore. Visit https://www.moh.gov.sg/
- Are hotels, attractions and activities in Singapore operating as per normal?
Most hotels, attractions and activities continue to be in operation with capacity limits in place. During their stay in Singapore, visitors must adhere to the prevailing public health measures, which include the mandatory wearing of masks in public spaces, safe distancing and limiting social gatherings to group size of two persons.
In the current Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) period, dining-in at F&B establishments have been disallowed. All F&B outlets will only be able to offer takeaway and delivery options.
To facilitate contact tracing, visitors must keep the TraceTogether app activated on their mobile devices while in Singapore. Visitors are also required to retain the TraceTogether app with the data for 14 consecutive days after leaving Singapore.
- Where do I go to retrieve the latest Singapore public health advisories for travellers from Hong Kong?
In view of the ongoing COVID-19 situation, you may refer to the Government of Singapore’s official websites for information on public health advisories affecting travellers from Hong Kong:
- What measures have airlines undertaken to safeguard the health and safety of travellers?
Most airlines have stepped up on their cleaning measures aimed at safeguarding the health and safety of travellers on flights. For more information on the precautionary measures taken by each airline, visit your airline’s website.
- What measures have hotels, attractions and activity operators in Singapore undertaken to safeguard the health and safety of travellers?
The Singapore Government requires premises to undergo regular disinfections, while temperature checks and hand sanitizing measures are available at most places upon entry.
Travellers can also use the “enhanced cleanliness” filter on https://www.expedia.com.hk/en/ when searching and booking for hotel or activities.
- What are the pre-requisites for me to travel to Singapore?
Only travellers that meet the criteria set by both the Hong Kong and Singapore governments will be allowed to participate in and travel under the ATB. More details can be found here.
Short-term visitors to Singapore are also required to purchase travel insurance for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs in Singapore, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000, from Singapore-based or overseas insurers prior to their travel.
- What should I do if I come down with COVID-19 symptoms in Singapore?
Should travellers, who are non-Singapore residents, become COVID-19 positive while in Singapore, they will be accorded the necessary medical treatment by the Singapore Government. Such travellers will need to bear the full cost of medical treatment provided to them, or purchase travel insurance to cover the cost of COVID-19 related medical treatment.
- Do I have to take vaccination before my departure flight to Singapore?
Eligible travellers from Hong Kong are required to take the COVID-19 vaccine and complete the 14-day post-vaccination period before their departure flight to Singapore.
Flights, Accommodation and Activity Bookings
- Which flights, accommodation and activities am I eligible to book if I am travelling to Singapore?
Currently, most hotels and activities have resumed operations. However, only specific Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific Airlines flights will be operating under the ATB. Taking non-ATB flights would require you to serve a 7-day quarantine in Singapore and 14-day quarantine when you return to Hong Kong. For a start, the ATB will be limited to 200 passengers each direction as there will only be one flight per day.
Visit the Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific websites for the most updated information pertaining to ATB flight schedules.
- Is there free cancellation for my flight, accommodation and activity bookings?
Now more than ever, you need the ability to change or cancel travel plans without having to pay steep fees or jump through hoops. Filter for ‘free cancellation’ or ‘reserve now, pay later’ to find flexible bookings on Expedia.com.hk, and make sure to select a refundable type. Make note of any deadlines to cancel for a full refund and look out for any restrictive airfares that prohibit changes.
For more information on how to cancel or make changes to your booking, visit this page.
- Can I use my airline or hotel credit for booking trips to Singapore?
Customers with existing airline or hotel credit/coupon may follow the guide provided here to understand if they qualify for future bookings.
Returning to Hong Kong from Singapore
- What are the pre-requisites for me to return to Hong Kong?
Returning travellers will need to undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing in Singapore within 72 hours of their departure flight, prior to their return to Hong Kong.
- What do I need to do before my departure flight to Hong Kong?
We encourage travellers to follow the pre-departure process from Singapore to Hong Kong and follow the steps outlined below prior to their departure:
- Step 1: Take a pre-departure COVID-19 test at one of the designated clinics or testing centres in Singapore. Specimen should be collected within 72 hours before the scheduled time of departure of your designated flight.
- Step 2: Submit Health Declaration https://www.chp.gov.hk/hdf/
- Step 3: Book post-arrival COVID-19 test.
- Step 4: Travellers are required to test for COVID-19 upon arrival. If tested negative, traveller to be exempted from undergoing quarantine.
Due to the nature of the COVID-19 situation and the implementation of the ‘Hong Kong – Singapore’ Air Travel Bubble’ Campaign, we are not liable for any outdated or incorrect information above. Customers are strongly encouraged to check https://www.tourism.gov.hk/travel-bubble/en/index.html for the latest information.
More Articles With Popular Destinations
NOTE: Update as of 19 Aug, Hong Kong and Singapore governments have decided not to pursue further discussions on the bilateral Air Travel Bubble (ATB). We encourage travellers to refer to the most up to date advisories found here, ahead of planning your travel. For customers who have booked trips to Singapore via Expedia, please refer to… Continue reading EXPEDIA HONG KONG – SINGAPORE AIR TRAVEL BUBBLE GUIDE