Yamagata Hotels from HK$394
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Yamagata has to offer including the museums, temples, and art. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, parks, and architecture.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodations in Yamagata
- The closest major airport is in Yamagata (GAJ), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sendai (SDJ), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Yamagata
Cultural venues in the city include Yamagata Museum of Science and Industry, Yamagata Manabikan, and Yamagata City Local History Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Utakake Inari Shrine, Horetsu Shrine, and Nanukamachi Palaca Weir. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Kajo Park and Yamagata Prefectural Museum.
In Yamagata, you'll be able to select from 92 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Takinoyu Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to 4 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Gokan no Yu Tsuruya - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this ryokan. This 3.5-star ryokan features free WiFi, free parking, and a café.
- Hotel Metropolitan Yamagata - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and 2 bars, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Getting Around Yamagata
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Akayu Station. Yamagata may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Yamagata
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 26°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 75°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 29°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Yamagata is 47.44 inches
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 27°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Yamagata?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Yamagata, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Yamagata?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Yamagata?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic getaway to Yamagata?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Yamagata?
Where's the best place to stay in Yamagata to learn about local history?
What's the best hotel for a trip to the slopes in Yamagata?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Yamagata
More trip options
- Yamagata Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Yamagata Airport
- Yamagata Hotels by Neighborhood
- Yamagata Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Yamagata
- Yamagata Theme Hotels
- Yamagata Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Yamagata
- Hotels Near Yamagata
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends