Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visitors can enjoy all that Chongqing has to offer including the sightseeing tours, riverfront, and hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its temples. Top sights in the city include Great Hall of the People, Chongqing Olympic Sports Center, and Dazu Rock Carvings.
- There are 412 hotels and other accommodations in Chongqing
- The closest major airport is in Chongqing (CKG-Jiangbei Intl.), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Chongqing
Attractions like Chongqing Zoo, Jinyun Shan National Nature Reserve, and Chongqing Yudong Rare Botanical Garden are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Great Hall of the People, Dazu Rock Carvings, and Yongchuan Dafosi Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at Zhaomushan Forest Park, Nanshan Mountain, and Beibei Park.
In Chongqing, there are 412 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- JW Marriott Hotel Chongqing - This 4.5-star hotel in Jeifangbei Central Business District features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
- Chongqing Marriott Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Nan An can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with an in-room deep soaking tub.
- The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Jeifangbei Central Business District can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Other top sights in Chongqing include Chongqing Olympic Sports Center.
Getting Around Chongqing
With so many transportation options, seeing Chongqing is a breeze. Take advantage of metro transit at Daping Station, Shiyoulu Road Station, and Yuanjiagang Station. To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Chongqing Railway Station or Chongqing North Railway Station.
Dressing for Chongqing
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 42°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 57°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 64°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 73°F during the day and 44°F at night
- About 48.43 inches of rain falls on Chongqing each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 45°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Chongqing?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Chongqing, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Chongqing?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Chongqing?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Chongqing?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Chongqing?
What's the best luxury hotel in Chongqing?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Chongqing?
What's it like staying in Chongqing?
What should I do while I'm visiting Chongqing?
What's the best way to get around Chongqing?
What's the seasonal weather like in Chongqing?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Chongqing
More trip options
- Chongqing Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Chongqing Airport
- Chongqing Hotels by Neighborhood
- Chongqing Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Chongqing
- Chongqing Theme Hotels
- Chongqing Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Chongqing
- Hotels Near Chongqing
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends