1. The staff was excellent (with one mistake, see Cons). The manager was very considerate throughout my stay, and one of her team members walked me over to a noodle house after I asked for a recommendation in the plaza.
2. The gym though not as large as a 5-star was immaculate and air conditioned.
3. The location (which is also a Con) allows for walking around Songshan Lake and is a part of Vanke Plaza, which has a combination of food and services, including a Starbucks, McDonald's, and soon to be KFC. There is a small bar called Ascription, which offers good vibes. Jason is the manager and is a good guy.
1. The AC, which past reviewers warned about, is inaccurate because it is capped. You can lower it all you want, but good luck with that. In addition, despite the fact that my room was well cleaned, there was also a mildew smell that was pervasive in my room.
2. I was double charged. I prepaid through Hotels.com and explained before and after checkout that I did so. My Chinese was apparently insufficient which is what happens when I didn't use WeChat. Fortunately, Hotels.com returned my pre-payment without too much hassle.
3. Location. My driver could not find the hotel despite providing him with the address in Chinese. In fact, this happened more than once. The hotel though inside Vanke Plaza is around the back past one of the parking entrances. Use Starbucks, and McD's at Vanke as landmarks, but it's a 3-5 min walk from there to the hotel.