Travelers to Fukuoka give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its temples. Top sights in the city include Ohori Park, Tochoji Temple, and Fukuoka City Museum.
- There are 250 hotels and other accommodations in Fukuoka
- The closest major airport is in Fukuoka (FUK), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Saga (HSG-Ariake Saga), 28.8 mi (46.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fukuoka
Cultural venues in the city include Fukuoka City Museum, Fukuoka Art Museum, and Fukuoka Asian Art Museum. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Tochoji Temple, Fukuoka Tower, and Kushida Shrine. The city's natural beauty is on display at Ohori Park, Momochi Beach, and Nokonoshima Island Park.
In Fukuoka, you'll find 250 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Dream Inn Hakata - Located in Hakata-ku, this 3-star apartment features a kitchenette and free WiFi.
- With The Style Fukuoka - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Hakata-ku features free WiFi, free parking, and a poolside bar.
- Yagura Hostel - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star apartment in Chuo-ku can enjoy access to self-service laundry and an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to public transit.
Other top sights in Fukuoka include Fukuoka Yafuoku Dome and Hakata Machiya Folk Museum. One of the popular sights outside the city is Kyushu National Museum, located 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Fukuoka
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Fukuoka is easy. You can walk to nearby metro stations including Chayama Station, Befu Station, and Kanayama Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Fukuoka Yakuin Station, Fukuoka Hirao Station, or Nishitetsu-Fukuoka Station.
Dressing for Fukuoka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 41°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 61°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 41°F
- Average annual rainfall for Fukuoka is 1.50 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 42°F