Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Oct 2018
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Hsinchu, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, parks, and museums. Top sights in the city include East Gate and City God Temple.
- There are 72 hotels and other accommodations in Hsinchu
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TPE-Taoyuan Intl.), 28.2 mi (45.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan), 42.8 mi (68.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hsinchu
Cultural venues in the city include Guqifeng, National Hsinchu Living Arts Center, and Glass Museum of Hsinchu City. The city is notable for landmarks like East Gate, City God Temple, and Putian Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at Siangshan Wetland, Eighteen Peaks, and Tiangongtan Park.
In Hsinchu, you'll be able to select from 72 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dar Lon Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Hsinchu City Centre can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- AJ Hotel Hsinchu - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Ambassador Hotel - Hsinchu - This 4-star hotel in Hsinchu City Centre features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Hsinchu
If you want to journey outside of the area, ride aboard a train from Hsinchu Xiangshan Station, Hsinchu Station, or Hsinchu Shibo Station. Hsinchu may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Hsinchu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 55°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 62°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 72°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 56°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hsinchu is 3.03 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 56°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Hsinchu?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Hsinchu, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Hsinchu?
What's the best place to stay for families in Hsinchu?
What's the best place to stay for couples in Hsinchu?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Hsinchu?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Hsinchu?
What's the best luxury hotel in Hsinchu?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Hsinchu
More trip options
- Hsinchu Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Hsinchu Airport
- Hsinchu Hotels by Neighborhood
- Hsinchu Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Hsinchu
- Hsinchu Theme Hotels
- Hsinchu Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Hsinchu
- Hotels Near Hsinchu
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends