Visiting Port Macquarie
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Port Macquarie, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port. This city also attracts tourists with its rainforests.
- There are 163 hotels and other accommodations in Port Macquarie
- The closest major airport is in Port Macquarie, NSW (PQQ), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Taree, NSW (TRO), 38.5 mi (61.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Macquarie
Families come for attractions such as Macquarie Nature Reserve, Koala Hospital, and Port Macquarie Astronomical Association Observatory. The beaches and rainforest highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Kooloonbung Creek Nature Park, Town Beach, and Nobbys Beach. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard, Rose's Vineyard, and Long Point Vineyard & Art Gallery are favorite sights to visit.
In Port Macquarie, you'll be able to select from 163 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Anchors B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Ana Mandara Luxury Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Vacation Village - This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a spa tub. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Dressing for Port Macquarie
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 59°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 43°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 82°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Port Macquarie gets about 1.46 inches of rain per year
- January and February are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while July and August are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 44°F