Stavanger Hotels from HK$655
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Travelers to Stavanger give high marks for the bustling port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and sightseeing tours. Top sights in the city include Kvadrat Shopping Center, Kongeparken, and Stavanger Museum.
- There are 122 hotels and other accommodations in Stavanger
- The closest major airport is in Stavanger (SVG-Sola), 11.5 mi (18.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Haugesund (HAU-Karmoy), 40.9 mi (65.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Stavanger
Cultural venues in the city include Stavanger Museum, Museum of Archaeology, and Norwegian Petroleum Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Holmavika, Vaulen Beach, and Godalen Badeplass. Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Stavanger Ferry Port, Sola Golf Club, and Fjord Line Ferry Terminal are favorite sights to visit.
In Stavanger, you'll find 122 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Home Again - Amenities in this 4-star apartment include a kitchen and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its location.
- Thon Hotel Stavanger - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Ydalir Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar. Expedia customers love its breakfast and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Stavanger include Kvadrat Shopping Center, Kongeparken, and Stavanger Cathedral. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Preikestolen, located 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center.
Getting Around Stavanger
With so many choices for transportation, exploring all of Stavanger is a breeze. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Stavanger Gausel Station, Stavanger Mariero Station, or Sandnes Sentrum Station. Cross the water on a ferry from the local port.
Dressing for Stavanger
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 45°F during the day and 29°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 63°F, while the average at night is 34°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 65°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 55°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 1.30 inches of rain falls on Stavanger each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 63°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 31°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Stavanger?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Stavanger, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to Stavanger?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Stavanger?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Stavanger?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Stavanger?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Stavanger?
Where's the best place to stay for a ski holiday in Stavanger?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Stavanger
More trip options
- Stavanger Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Stavanger Airport
- Stavanger Hotels by Neighborhood
- Stavanger Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Stavanger
- Stavanger Theme Hotels
- Stavanger Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Stavanger
- Hotels Near Stavanger
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends