We stayed here for a week with our two kids (4 and 1) and had a great time! Here are some pros and cons:
- Great location to explore Lake Winnie and Lake Squam.
- Great view
- The property is kids friendly. There is some sharp-edged furniture here and there but there are no open staircases, and the outside of the house is very gently sloped. The beach outside the house is very kids friendly as there aren't any big rocks or steps that kids have to deal with.
- The house also has a garden-level with a living room and bedroom. I don't think this was explained in the listing. So the place is actually 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms (no tubs).
- Easy access to the town beach and playground (5 min walk).
- The management team is very prompt and responsive.
- The place was cleaned by the owners before our arrival, and it was obvious that they are not aware of cleaning standards that typical vacation renters expect. Tables had greasy residues, hand rails were covered in dirt, we found sand on the floor, and the kitchen area was very poorly organized. The management quickly responded and sent a professional cleaner the next morning.
- The shape of the waterfront (a bay within bay) and its proximity to the marina make it difficult for water to properly circulate. This means that the wakes keep pushing algae debris to the waterfront. Upon our arrival, the beach was covered algae washup and the first few yards of the water were filled with algae. I had to use a paddle to move the algae away from the water and clean up the sand every morning so that my kids are not covered in green muck. This is not a fault of the owners but purely due to the shape of the waterfront. Next door neighbors didn't have any of that problem. So expect to put in some time cleaning up that water every day if you want to swim and not be covered in green algae debris.
Peaceful waterfront Cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee with private beach
曾入住Peaceful waterfront Cottage on Lake Winnipesaukee with private beach的真實旅客
於 6 個月前張貼