Visiting Las Vegas
Travelers to Las Vegas give high marks for the casinos, entertainment choices, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its restaurants, shopping, and bars. Top sights in the city include Hoover Dam, Fashion Show Mall, and Thomas and Mack Center.
- There are 913 hotels and other accommodations in Las Vegas
- The closest major airport is in Las Vegas, NV (LAS-McCarran Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Las Vegas, NV (VGT-North Las Vegas), 6.7 mi (10.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Las Vegas
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Ethel M Chocolates Factory, Clark County Museum, and Boulder City Hoover Dam Museum. Notable city landmarks like Hoover Dam and Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Ethel M Botanical Cactus Gardens and Red Rock Canyon exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Las Vegas, there are 913 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas - Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Las Vegas Strip can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- Residence Inn Las Vegas Airport - Our customers like the convenient parking and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas - This 5-star resort in Las Vegas Strip features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Las Vegas include Fashion Show Mall, Thomas and Mack Center, and Las Vegas North Premium Outlets.
Getting Around Las Vegas
You can walk to nearby metro stations including Flamingo - Caesars Palace Monorail Station, Ballys and Paris Las Vegas Monorail Station, and Harrahs - Imperial Palace Monorail Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Las Vegas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 103°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 105°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- About 2.32 inches of rain falls on Las Vegas each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 103°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F