Visiting San Salvador
Travelers to San Salvador give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices, local tours, and museums. Top sights in the city include National Theater and Estadio Cuscatlan.
- There are 161 hotels and other accommodations in San Salvador
- The closest major airport is in San Salvador (ILS-Ilopango), 5.2 mi (8.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Salvador (SAL-El Salvador Intl.), 19.6 mi (31.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Salvador
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Theater, Tin Marin Children's Museum, and Military History Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Cuscatlan Park, Beethoven's Fountains, and Redondel Masferrer. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Mercado Ex-Cuartel, Mercado Central, and Metrocentro.
In San Salvador, you'll find 161 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Maria Jose Suites - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and room size.
- Kal Nawi Hotel - Our customers like the pool and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Hotel Armonía Hostal - This 3-star inn features free parking, a café, and a business center. Expedia customers like its quiet location and helpful staff.
Other top sights in San Salvador include Estadio Cuscatlan.
Dressing for San Salvador
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 94°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 94°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 90°F as the daytime average and 60°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.57 inches of rain falls on San Salvador each year
- March and April are usually the hottest months averaging 93°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F