Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Fairbanks, and visitors give high marks for the local tours, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums and northern lights.
- There are 78 hotels and other accommodations in Fairbanks
- The closest major airport is in Fairbanks, AK (FAI-Fairbanks Intl.), 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fairbanks
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Fairbanks Ice Museum, Alaska House Art Gallery, and Fairbanks Community Museum. The northern lights and hot springs highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Wedgewood Wildlife Sanctuary, Creamer's Field, and Pioneer Park. Taking local tours is one of the top activities, while Gold Daughters, Moose Mountain, and Ski Land are favorite sights to visit.
In Fairbanks, you'll be able to select from 78 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Fairbanks Moose Manor Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Alaska Haven - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi.
- Alaska Heritage House - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a business center, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Fairbanks
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°F during the day and -15°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 75°F, while the average at night is 9°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 28°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 45°F and nighttime averages of -14°F
- Average annual rainfall for Fairbanks is 11.50 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -12°F