Visiting San Antonio
History buffs will enjoy exploring San Antonio, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, entertainment choices, and live music scene. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its theaters, museums, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Alamo, River Walk, and San Antonio SeaWorld.
- There are 818 hotels and other accommodations in San Antonio
- The closest major airport is in San Antonio, TX (SAT-San Antonio Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in San Antonio
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Marion Koogler McNay Art Museum, Briscoe Western Art Museum, and Texas Adventure. Attractions like San Antonio SeaWorld, San Antonio Zoo and Aquarium, and Six Flags Fiesta Texas are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Alamo, River Walk, and Tower of the Americas.
In San Antonio, you'll be able to select from 818 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Emma - This 4.5-star hotel in Midtown features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Legendary Texas Polo Club at Phillip Manor Square - Our customers like the breakfast and walkable location at this inn. With a stay at this 3.5-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Mokara Hotel & Spa San Antonio - This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown San Antonio features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its pool and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in San Antonio include Shops at Rivercenter, Alamodome, and San Antonio Botanical Gardens. A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Schlitterbahn New Braunfels Waterpark and Resort, 29.6 mi/47.7 km from the heart of the city.
Getting Around San Antonio
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at San Antonio Station. San Antonio may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for San Antonio
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 55°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 98°F with nighttime averages of 65°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 30.55 inches of rain falls on San Antonio each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 96°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 42°F