1. The hotel is uniquely located by the river.
2. The hotel is located south of Nanjing East Road. To reach the more scenic part of the Bund, you'll need to walk for about 10min north along the river (it's all concreted along this part).
3. The hotel used to be an office building, therefore, while some rooms (I booked the river view room) have river facing windows the actual surface area of the glass is small and they is obscured by window brackets. Don't expect floor to ceiling panoramic views and don't expect to have a clear view from the bed. I cannot speak for the more expensive rooms though...
4. The breakfast buffet is small and they didn't have baked beans (criminal in my opinion). No egg counter/station. The ready cooked scrambled and fried eggs were terrible. There is an orange presser that you need to use yourself if you want fresh orange juice, other juices were from cartons.
The almond croissant was amazing, proper freshly baked pastry that was crispy where it counted and soft on the inside. Choice of cereals was good, including two types of homemade granola (not chunky enough for me though).
5. Access to the hotel by taxi is very convenient.
6. The room itself (sorry for the lack of photos) was nice, especially the bathroom area. The decoration style is classic Chinese and tastefully executed but the sofa has a rigid bamboo back which is not ideal for lounging on. Bathrobes were super soft, towels were not.
7. Check the official website for room photos.