Shanghai Hotels from HK$342
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shanghai, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and temples. This city also attracts tourists with its sightseeing tours and restaurants. Top sights in the city include The Bund, Jing'an Temple, and Shanghai Tower.
- There are 1634 hotels and other accommodations in Shanghai
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.), 8 mi (12.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.), 20.3 mi (32.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shanghai
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Shanghai Museum, Former Shanghai French Concession, and Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. Its temples and historic sites are notable and landmarks include The Bund, Jing'an Temple, and Shanghai Tower. The picturesque setting of Pudong Riverside Promenade and Park and Yu Garden exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Shanghai, there are 1634 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- PRIMUS Residence Shanghai Hongqiao - Guests who stay at this 4-star aparthotel in Qingpu can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its room service and first-rate property condition.
- The Puli Hotel And Spa - Our customers like the proximity to the airport and room size at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Jing'an features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and an indoor pool.
- The Peninsula Shanghai - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Downtown Shanghai can enjoy access to 5 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Shanghai include Nanjing Road Shopping District, People's Square, and Old Chinese City.
Getting Around Shanghai
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Shanghai is a breeze. You can access metro transit at People's Square Station, Dashijie Station, and Xinzha Road Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Shanghai Railway Station, Shanghai South Railway Station, or Shanghai Hongqiao Railway Station.
Dressing for Shanghai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 66°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Shanghai gets about 45.31 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 38°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Shanghai?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shanghai, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Shanghai?
What's the best high-end hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Shanghai?
What's the best golf hotel in Shanghai?
What's the best hotel in Shanghai that's close to historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shanghai?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Shanghai
More trip options
- Shanghai Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Shanghai Airport
- Shanghai Hotels by Neighborhood
- Shanghai Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Shanghai
- Shanghai Theme Hotels
- Shanghai Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shanghai
- Hotels Near Shanghai
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends