Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 3 Jan 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auckland, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its museums, local tours, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Sky Tower, Mt. Eden, and Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World.
- There are 757 hotels and other accommodations in Auckland
- The closest major airport is in Auckland (AKL-Auckland Intl.), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Auckland
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Art Gallery, and Oedipus Rex Gallery. Families come for attractions such as Kelly Tarlton's Underwater World, Auckland Zoo, and Gulfwind Sailing Academy. Notable city landmarks like Sky Tower and Harbour Bridge might be worth a visit.
In Auckland, there are 757 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ascot Parnell Boutique Bed and Breakfast - This 5-star bed & breakfast in Parnell features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Enclosure Bay - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 4.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Tahi Lodge - Matakana Coast - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and comfortable beds.
Other favorite sights in Auckland include Mt. Eden, Omaha Beach, and Queen Street Shopping District.
Getting Around Auckland
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Auckland is easy. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Auckland Britomart Station, Auckland Grafton Station, or Auckland Mt Eden Station. You can learn about your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for Auckland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 57°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 68°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 61°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 50°F
- Average annual rainfall for Auckland is 49.25 inches
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 72°F, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Auckland?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Auckland, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Auckland?
What's the best accommodation option for a family trip to Auckland?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Auckland?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Auckland?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Auckland?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Auckland?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Auckland?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Auckland?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Auckland
More trip options
- Auckland Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Auckland Airport
- Auckland Hotels by Neighborhood
- Auckland Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Auckland
- Auckland Theme Hotels
- Auckland Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Auckland
- Hotels Near Auckland
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends