Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Incheon, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This culturally-rich city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Top sights around the area include National Museum of Korea, Gyeongbok Palace, and Dongdaemun Market.
- There are 242 hotels and other accommodations in Incheon
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.), 14.3 mi (23.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Incheon
Cultural venues in the city include Incheon Children’s Museum, Sudoguksan Museum of Housing and Living, and Fun Science Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Sindo Island, Daebudo, and Muuido Island. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Sorae Fish Market, Sinpo International Market, and NC Cube Canal Walk.
In Incheon, you'll be able to select from 242 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- KORUS Guesthouse - Hostel - Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Jung-gu can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and clean rooms.
- Runway Guesthouse - Hostel - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hostel. Guests who stay at this 2-star hostel in Jung-gu can enjoy access to free breakfast and free valet parking, along with free WiFi.
- Gyeongwonjae Ambassador Incheon Associated With AccorHotels - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Songdo can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a free stocked minibar.
Top places to visit outside the city include National Museum of Korea, 15.3 mi/24.7 km from the city center, and Gyeongbok Palace, which is 16.8 mi (27.1 km) away.
Getting Around Incheon
You can take advantage of metro transit at Incheon City Hall Station, Arts Center Station, and Ganseogogeori Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Incheon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 55°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Incheon gets about 49.25 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 84°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F