Tokyo Hotels from HK$225
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 26 Aug 2020
Where to stay in Tokyo
4.5/5Wonderful!(477 area reviews)
This major ward of Tokyo offers a variety of opportunities, from skyline views to trendy restaurants, to its large, peaceful park.
4.5/5Wonderful!(12 area reviews)
This small area, located in Urayasu just outside of Tokyo, is best known as the gateway to Japan’s wildly popular Tokyo Disney Resort.
4.5/5Wonderful!(101 area reviews)
Step from Tokyo’s busiest train station into streets filled with endless shopping and dining options and the largest concentration of “love hotels” in the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(84 area reviews)
Named after a silver-coin mint, this district has a long association with affluence. Today it’s where you’ll find some of Japan’s most upmarket labels, restaurants and galleries.
5/5Exceptional!(62 area reviews)
Follow the footsteps of centuries of worshippers along a street filled with traditional snack stalls and through the gates of one of Tokyo’s most popular temples.
Travelers to Tokyo give high marks for the temples, fascinating museums, and important monuments. Vibrant and culturally-rich, this city will delight tourists with its shopping, architecture, and seafood restaurants. Top sights in the city include Tokyo Imperial Palace, Tokyo Tower, and Meiji Jingu Shrine.
- There are 1240 hotels and other accommodations in Tokyo
- The closest major airport is in Tokyo (HND-Haneda), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tokyo (NRT-Narita Intl.), 35.9 mi (57.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tokyo
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Kabuki-za Theatre, Mori Art Museum, and Edo-Tokyo Museum. Attractions like Tokyo Tower, Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden, and Tokyo Sea Life Park are fun for kids of all ages. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Meiji Jingu Shrine, Sensoji Temple, and Tokyo Sky Tree.
In Tokyo, you'll find 1240 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Ryumeikan Ochanomizu Honten - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Chiyoda can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its room size and location.
- MIMARU TOKYO UENO INARICHO - This 3-star aparthotel in Taito features free WiFi and laundry facilities.
- Hostel Chapter Two Tokyo - Guests who stay at this 1-star hostel in Taito can enjoy access to a terrace and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to public transit.
Other favorite sights in Tokyo include Tokyo Imperial Palace, National Diet Building, and Imperial Palace Garden. Top places to visit in the area include Disneyland® Tokyo, 7.2 mi/11.7 km from the city center, and Kawasaki Daishi, which is 9.9 mi/15.9 km away.
Getting Around Tokyo
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Tokyo is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Hibiya Station, Yurakucho Station, and Ginza-Itchome Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Tokyo Yurakucho Station, Tokyo Station, or Tokyo Shimbashi Station.
Dressing for Tokyo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 58°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 36°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 65°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 38°F as the nighttime average
- Tokyo gets about 62.09 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F