Travelers to Oslo give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and popular theater scene. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours, art, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Oslo Opera House, Karl Johan Street, and Royal Palace.
- There are 204 hotels and other accommodations in Oslo
- The closest major airport is in Oslo (OSL-Gardermoen), 23 mi (37 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sandefjord (TRF-Torp), 53.4 mi (86 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oslo
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include Oslo Opera House, Munch Museum, and Viking Ship Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Oslo Cathedral, Akershus Fortress, and Trinity Church. The picturesque setting of Gustav Vigeland Sculpture Park and Frogner Park exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Oslo, you'll find 204 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Thon Hotel Storo - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Hotel Continental - Our customers love the proximity to public transit and comfortable rooms at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Oslo City Centre can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- THE THIEF - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Frogner can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Other favorite sights in Oslo include Karl Johan Street, Royal Palace, and Holmenkollen Ski Jump.
Getting Around Oslo
With so many ways to get around, seeing Oslo is easy. Nearby metro stations include Jernbanetorget T-Station, Dronningens Gate Tram Station, and Kirkeristen Tram Station. If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Oslo Central Station, Oslo Central Station, or Nationaltheatret Station.
Dressing for Oslo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 44°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 67°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 53°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Oslo is 29.33 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F