Birmingham Hotels from HK$200
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 6 Jul 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Birmingham, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, entertainment choices, and university setting. Top sights in the city include Bullring Shopping Centre, Arcadian Centre, and Birmingham Cathedral.
- There are 467 hotels and other accommodations in Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Coventry (CVT), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Birmingham
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Alexandra Theatre, Birmingham Hippodrome, and Old Rep Theatre. Families come for attractions such as Chinese Quarter, Broad Street, and National Sea Life Centre. The city is notable for landmarks like Birmingham Cathedral, Victoria Square, and Big Brum.
In Birmingham, you'll be able to select from 467 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elmdon Lodge - Amenities at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Langley Cottage Guest House - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and in-room LCD TVs.
- Moxhull Hall - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in Birmingham include Bullring Shopping Centre, Arcadian Centre, and The Mailbox. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Warwick Castle, 18.9 mi/30.5 km from the city center, and Anne Hathaway's Cottage, which is 21 mi/33.9 km away.
Getting Around Birmingham
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Birmingham New Street Station, Birmingham Moor Street Station, or Birmingham Snow Hill Station. Birmingham may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Birmingham
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 66°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 58°F during the day and 36°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Birmingham is 30.16 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 67°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 35°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Birmingham?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Birmingham, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Birmingham?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Birmingham?
What's the best accommodation for a couple going to Birmingham?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Birmingham?
What's the best high-end hotel in Birmingham?
What's the best boutique hotel in Birmingham?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Birmingham?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Birmingham
More trip options
- Birmingham Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Birmingham Airport
- Birmingham Hotels by Neighborhood
- Birmingham Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Birmingham
- Birmingham Theme Hotels
- Birmingham Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Birmingham
- Hotels Near Birmingham
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends