Travelers to Chicago give high marks for the popular theater scene, interesting architecture, and fascinating museums. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its art, monuments, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Skydeck Ledge.
- There are 1196 hotels and other accommodations in Chicago
- The closest major airport is in Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chicago
Known for its theaters, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include Chicago Cultural Center, Ford Center for the Performing Arts Oriental Theatre, and Chicago Theatre. Attractions like Skydeck Ledge, Six Flags Great America, and Navy Pier are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Willis Tower, John Hancock Center, and Buckingham Fountain.
In Chicago, you'll be able to select from 1196 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chicago Premier Suites - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in Near North Side can enjoy access to a fitness center and a steam room, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- The Publishing House Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to shopping at this B&B. This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Near West Side features a winery, free breakfast, and free WiFi.
- Bishops Hall - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in Chicago include Millennium Park, McCormick Place, and Wrigley Field.
Getting Around Chicago
With so many ways to get around, seeing Chicago is simple. Nearby metro stations include Monroe Station, Monroe Station, and Adams-Wabash Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Millennium Station, Chicago Van Buren Street Station, or Chicago Union Station.
Dressing for Chicago
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 53°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 69°F as the daytime average and 19°F as the nighttime average
- About 39.02 inches of rain falls on Chicago each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°F