San Francisco Hotels from HK$453
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 24 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 23 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 13 Oct 2020
Where to stay in San Francisco
5/5Exceptional!(4 area reviews)
This waterfront neighborhood dates back to the gold rush era and is a hub for tourist activities, sea lions and seafood restaurants.
4/5Very Good!(287 area reviews)
Fashion puts on its finest face in one of the country’s largest shopping plazas.
4/5Very Good!(80 area reviews)
Visit the Palace of Fine Arts Theatre and marvel at views of the Golden Gate Bridge at this popular waterfront neighborhood.
4.5/5Wonderful!(129 area reviews)
Better known as Little Italy, this neighborhood was once a hotspot for counterculture and features an array of bars, jazz clubs, galleries and cafés.
4.5/5Wonderful!(37 area reviews)
Mingle with businesspeople in the excellent bars and restaurants of this neighborhood where there is a large concentration of corporate headquarters.
Visiting San Francisco
Travelers to San Francisco give high marks for the fascinating museums, popular theater scene, and interesting architecture. Vibrant and scenic, this city will delight tourists with its art, Chinatown, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Lombard Street, Pier 39, and Palace of Fine Arts.
- There are 566 hotels and other accommodations in San Francisco
- The closest major airport is in Oakland, CA (OAK-Oakland Intl.), 11.8 mi (19.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Francisco, CA (SFO-San Francisco Intl.), 11.9 mi (19.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Francisco
Known for its museums, theaters, and art, the city's cultural venues include San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, and Louise Davies Symphony Hall. Attractions like Pier 39, Aquarium of the Bay, and San Francisco Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. Its Chinatown and monuments are notable and landmarks include Lombard Street, Alcatraz Island, and Golden Gate Bridge.
In San Francisco, there are 566 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday getaway. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mill Rose Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Drisco - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4.5-star hotel in Pacific Heights features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a fitness center.
- Seal Cove Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its overall condition and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other favorite sights in San Francisco include Palace of Fine Arts, Twin Peaks, and Mavericks. Outside the city, top places to visit include Lafayette Gallery, 17.3 mi/27.8 km from the heart of the city, and Oakland Museum of California, which is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) away.
Getting Around San Francisco
With so many transportation options, seeing all of San Francisco is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Powell St. Station, Montgomery St. Station, and Civic Center Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from San Francisco 4th and King Station, San Francisco 22nd Street Station, or San Francisco Bayshore Station.
Dressing for San Francisco
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 67°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 23.15 inches of rain falls on San Francisco each year
- Hottest months are usually September and October with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 46°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in San Francisco?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in San Francisco, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in San Francisco?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to San Francisco?
What's the best LGBTQ-friendly hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in San Francisco?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in San Francisco?
What's the best high-end place to stay in San Francisco?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in San Francisco?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in San Francisco?
What are some hotels with pools in San Francisco?
Recent Hotel Reviews in San Francisco
More trip options
- San Francisco Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near San Francisco Airport
- San Francisco Hotels by Neighborhood
- San Francisco Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in San Francisco
- San Francisco Theme Hotels
- San Francisco Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in San Francisco
- Hotels Near San Francisco
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends