History buffs will enjoy exploring Seoul, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and abundant cafés. Culturally-rich and vibrant, this city will delight tourists with its museums, temples, and monuments. Top sights in the city include Gyeongbok Palace, Dongdaemun Market, and National Museum of Korea.
- There are 1554 hotels and other accommodations in Seoul
- The closest major airport is in Seoul (GMP-Gimpo Intl.), 9.8 mi (15.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Seoul (ICN-Incheon Intl.), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Seoul
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Museum of Korea, War Memorial of Korea, and T.um SK Telecom Technology Museum. Notable for its temples, monuments, and historic sites, the city's landmarks include Gyeongbok Palace, Deoksugung Palace, and Jogyesa Temple. The picturesque setting of Namsan Park and Seonjeongneung Royal Tombs exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Seoul, you'll be able to select from 1554 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Ryu Guest House - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star guesthouse in Gangnam can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and WiFi.
- Stay Ilsan - With a stay at this 3-star apartment, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Four Seasons Hotel Seoul - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Jongno can enjoy access to 2 indoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Other favorite sights in Seoul include Dongdaemun Market, COEX Convention and Exhibition Center, and Sungnyemun Gate.
Getting Around Seoul
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Seoul is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations like Euljiro 1-ga Station, Jonggak Station, and City Hall Station. If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Haengsin Station.
Dressing for Seoul
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Seoul each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 19°F