Taipei Hotels from HK$242
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Taipei
4.5/5Wonderful!(88 area reviews)
Visit this district close to the historic western gate of the Old Taipei City to see how much this city has progressed since the days of the Qing Dynasty.
4.5/5Wonderful!(63 area reviews)
The Keelung River meanders through the core of this district known for its giant Ferris wheel, cultural activities and night market stalls.
4.5/5Wonderful!(9 area reviews)
Appreciate stunning views of the Taipei cityscape from the tall Elephant Mountain and other vantage points across this undulating terrain.
4.5/5Wonderful!(3 area reviews)
The National Palace Museum stands iconically amid tropical mountains overlooking a district of museums, parks and a vast night market.
A large zoo and a university are among the modern attractions that complement the traditional teahouses and temples in this eclectic district.
Travelers to Taipei give high marks for the shopping, fascinating museums, and top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this culturally-rich city can discover its temples, monuments, and cafés. Top sights in the city include Taipei 101, Baby Boss, and Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall.
- There are 1036 hotels and other accommodations in Taipei
- The closest major airport is in Taipei (TSA-Songshan), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Taipei (TPE-Taoyuan Intl.), 19.7 mi (31.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Taipei
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include National Palace Museum, National Taiwan Museum, and Moja Taipei. Attractions like Baby Boss and Maokong Gondola are fun for everyone, not just kids. Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Taipei 101, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, and Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall.
In Taipei, you'll find 1036 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Something Easy Inn - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Ruifang features free WiFi, a rooftop terrace, and a snack bar/deli.
- Luckytree House - This 2.5-star hostel in Zhongzheng features free breakfast, free WiFi, and laundry facilities.
- Play Design Hotel - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Datong can enjoy access to a free grocery shopping service and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Taipei include Taipei World Trade Center, Taipei Botanical Garden, and Longshan Temple.
Getting Around Taipei
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Taipei is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Zhongxiao Dunhua Station, Zhongxiao Fuxing Station, and Daan Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, hop aboard a train from Taipei Songshan Station, Taipei Station, or Taipei Wanhua Station.
Dressing for Taipei
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 53°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 85°F as the daytime average and 55°F as the nighttime average
- Taipei gets about 3.03 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 54°F
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Taipei?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Taipei, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for families in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Taipei?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Taipei?
What's the best place to stay for a beach holiday in Taipei?
What's the best high-end hotel in Taipei?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Taipei?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Taipei?
Recent Hotel Reviews in Taipei
More trip options
- Taipei Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near Taipei Airport
- Taipei Hotels by Neighborhood
- Taipei Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in Taipei
- Taipei Theme Hotels
- Taipei Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Taipei
- Hotels Near Taipei
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends