Visiting Myrtle Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Myrtle Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, pristine golf courses, and entertainment choices. Tourists who journey to this walkable city can discover its shopping, seafood restaurants, and aquarium. A top sight in the city is Broadway at the Beach.
- There are 5027 hotels and other accommodations in Myrtle Beach
- The closest major airport is in Myrtle Beach, SC (MYR), 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Myrtle Beach
Cultural venues in the city include The Children's Museum of South Carolina, Art Museum of Myrtle Beach, and The Carolina Opry. Families come for attractions such as Myrtle Beach Room Escape, SkyWheel Myrtle Beach, and Mount Atlanticus Miniature Golf. The beaches and sunrises highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Chapin Memorial Park, Anderson Park, and Midway Park.
In Myrtle Beach, you'll find 5027 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Inlet Sports Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Ocean 22 By Hilton Grand Vacations - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an indoor pool and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Broadway at the Beach - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and WiFi.
Other top sights in Myrtle Beach include Broadway at the Beach.
Dressing for Myrtle Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 68°F during the day and 34°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 87°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 59°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 80°F and nighttime averages of 34°F
- Myrtle Beach gets about 51.34 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 35°F