Travelers to Sapporo give high marks for the festivals and shopping. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its seafood restaurants, sightseeing tours, and breweries. Top sights in the city include Sapporo JR Tower, Sapporo Beer Museum, and Historical Museum of Hokkaido.
- There are 225 hotels and other accommodations in Sapporo
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama), 3.7 mi (6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 25.3 mi (40.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sapporo
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Sapporo Beer Museum, Historical Museum of Hokkaido, and Hokkaido Museum of Modern Art. The city is notable for landmarks like Sapporo JR Tower, Clock Tower, and Former Hokkaido Government Office Building. The city's natural beauty is on display at Odori Park, Moerenuma Park, and Soseigawa Park.
In Sapporo, you'll be able to select from 225 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lakeside Villa Suimeikaku - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- HOTEL POTMUM - Hostel - Our customers like the central location and helpful staff at this hostel. This 2-star hostel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and parking.
- Lake Shikotsu Tsuruga Resort Spa MIZU no UTA - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Sapporo include Sapporo TV Tower, Hokkaido Shrine, and Mt. Okura Ski Jump Stadium.
Getting Around Sapporo
With so many transportation options, seeing Sapporo is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Odori Station, Sapporo Metro Station, and Bus Center-mae Station. If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Daido station, Sapporo Station, or Sapporo Soen Station.
Dressing for Sapporo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 46.30 inches of rain falls on Sapporo each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 21°F