Osaka Hotels from HK$214
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Where to stay in Osaka
4.5/5Wonderful!(309 area reviews)
With thrilling amusement arcades, underground bars, neon billboards and second-hand shopping, this dynamic district never ceases to surprise.
Experience a shopper’s paradise and symbol of downtown Osaka as you explore the bustling arcade where brightly colored storefronts display the latest fashion trends.
Experience the colorful neon heart of Osaka along this canal, where travelers, couples and entertainment seekers throng the streets.
This Osaka neighborhood, with a name that translates to New World, is a historic entertainment district with cultural, shopping and gastronomic attractions.
History buffs will enjoy exploring Osaka, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and sightseeing tours. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, theaters, and aquarium. Top sights in the city include Osaka Science Museum, Osaka Castle, and Legoland Discovery Center.
- There are 1154 hotels and other accommodations in Osaka
- The closest major airport is in Osaka (ITM-Itami), 6.9 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kobe (UKB), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Osaka
The city is well known for its museums and theaters, and cultural venues include Osaka Science Museum, Mint Museum, and Osaka Museum of History. Attractions like Legoland Discovery Center, Osaka Aquarium Kaiyukan, and Universal Studios Japan® are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Osaka Castle, Umeda Sky Building, and Shitennoji Temple.
In Osaka, there are 1154 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- HOTEL SHIKI UTSUBO PARK - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Nishi can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- HOSTEL JIN - This 2-star hostel in Konohana features free breakfast, free WiFi, and a bar.
- Seagull Palace Abeno - Guest House In Osaka - Located in Abeno, this 3-star apartment features a kitchenette and free WiFi.
Other favorite sights in Osaka include Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade, Tsutenkaku Tower, and Open Air Museum of Old Farmhouses. In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Todaiji Temple, 19.4 mi/31.3 km from the city center, and Nijo Castle, which is 25.8 mi/41.6 km away.
Getting Around Osaka
With so many choices for transportation, seeing Osaka is easy. You can access metro transit at Higashi-Umeda Station, Umeda Station, and Nishi-Umieda Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Osaka Umeda Station, Osaka Station, or Osaka Nakatsu Station.
Dressing for Osaka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 43°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 89°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- About 62.09 inches of rain falls on Osaka each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 32°F