Guangzhou Hotels from HK$488
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 6 Nov 2019
History buffs will enjoy exploring Guangzhou, and visitors give high marks for the festivals, fascinating museums, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its monuments and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Zhenhai Tower, Yuexiu Park, and The Western Han Museum of the Nanyue King Mausoleum.
- There are 1381 hotels and other accommodations in Guangzhou
- The closest major airport is in Foshan (FUO-Shadi), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Guangzhou (CAN-Baiyun Intl.), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Guangzhou
The city is well known for its festivals and museums, and cultural venues include The Western Han Museum of the Nanyue King Mausoleum, Guangdong Folk Art Museum, and Museum and Tomb of the Southern Yue Kings. Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Zhenhai Tower, Liurong Temple, and Guangxiao Temple. Shopping is one of the favorite things to do, so consider an excursion to Beijing Road Pedestrian Street, China Plaza, and Guangzhou Friendship Store.
In Guangzhou, you'll find 1381 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- LN Hotel Five - This 4.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Mandarin Oriental Guangzhou - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Tianhe can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with an in-room MP3 dock.
- Four Seasons Guangzhou - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Zhujiang New Town can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 5 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and room size.
Other favorite sights in Guangzhou include Yuexiu Park, Huaisheng Mosque, and Canton Fair Complex.
Getting Around Guangzhou
With so many ways to get around, seeing Guangzhou is easy. You can take advantage of metro transit at Peasant Movement Institute Station, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall Station, and Gongyuanqian Station. If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Guangzhou Railway Station, Guangzhou East Railway Station, or Guangzhou Shipai Station.
Dressing for Guangzhou
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 52°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 64°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 91°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 51°F as the nighttime average
- Guangzhou gets about 63.46 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 91°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 53°F