London Hotels from HK$425
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Where to stay in London
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,515 area reviews)
Relax in the stunning park with a view of the palace, explore the upscale high street and visit the galleries and museums of this affluent neighborhood.
Get lost in the cobblestoned labyrinth of boutiques and bars, or simply find a spot to enjoy the street performers in one of London’s most entertaining districts.
4/5Very Good!(517 area reviews)
Wander around London’s financial district in the scenic docklands with the tallest skyscrapers in the city. They are home to some of the world’s biggest companies.
Kings Cross St. Pancras
See cultural exhibits, relax in the Champagne bar and visit Platform 9 and 3/4 in this international hub that connects London to mainland Europe.
Find some of London’s best shopping, famous auction houses and five-star hotels in this London neighborhood surrounded by pretty parks.
History buffs will enjoy exploring London, and visitors give high marks for the popular theater scene, fascinating museums, and interesting architecture. Tourists who journey to this vibrant city can discover its art, monuments, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the city include Big Ben, London Dungeon, and Buckingham Palace.
- There are 6694 hotels and other accommodations in London
- The closest major airport is in London (LCY-London City), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 14.1 mi (22.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in London
Known for its theaters, museums, and art, the city's cultural venues include Buckingham Palace, Museum of London, and Natural History Museum. Attractions like London Dungeon, Coca-Cola London Eye, and Sea Life London Aquarium are fun for kids of all ages. Its historic sites and monuments are notable and landmarks include Big Ben, St. Paul's Cathedral, and London Stock Exchange.
In London, you'll find 6694 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Chic Residency Apartments at Marble Arch - Guests who stay at this 4-star apartment in City of Westminster can enjoy access to parking and free train station pick-up, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Parklands B&B - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast is a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and central location.
- 41 - This 5-star hotel in City of Westminster features free WiFi, a bar, and a 24-hour business center. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
Other favorite sights in London include London Bridge, The Shard, and Sky Garden. Outside the city, popular places to see include Windsor Castle, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the heart of the city, and Legoland, which is 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away.
Getting Around London
With so many transportation options, exploring all of London is simple. Walk to nearby metro stations like Charing Cross Underground Station, Embankment Station, and Leicester Square Underground Station. If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from London Charing Cross Station, London Waterloo Station, or London Waterloo East Station.
Dressing for London
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 36°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 72°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 61°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 0.83 inches of rain falls on London each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 70°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 36°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in London?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in London, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in London?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to London?
What's the best hotel for a couple going to London?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in London?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in London?
What's the best luxury hotel in London?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in London?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in London?
What's the best accommodation in London to absorb the local history?
Recent Hotel Reviews in London
More trip options
- London Star Rating Hotels
- Hotels Near London Airport
- London Hotels by Neighborhood
- London Hotels Near an Attraction
- More accommodation types in London
- London Theme Hotels
- London Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in London
- Hotels Near London
- Hot Deals in Other Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends